A cutscene will follow and you're about to face the mighty centaurs!
How to kill the centaurs:
It can be quite difficult at first, but here's the guide to killing those centaurs:
- Keep the distance and make sure you shoot one of them until it charges in
- Wait until he's close enough (notice the slow motion)
- Dodge to a side using SHIFT + LEFT/RIGHT and DON'T shoot
- If you did it properly Lara will dodge and a target will form on the head of the centaur
- When the target is red, SHOOT
- The centaur will be stunned and you'll have a few second for the next step
- Turn towards the centaur and use Q to grab the shield, then quickly use E to disarm him
- Repeat this for the second centaur as well
- When both of them are disarmed, shoot one again until he is angry again, but this time stay close to one of the fallen shields
- This time, he'll try to use the stoning gaze, so when he tries to do this, quickly go to the shield and use E to hold it AND face it towards him
- He should be stoned for a few seconds
- Shoot him until he crumbles into pieces, use the dual 50 caliber pistols since they do much more damage
- Repeat this for the second centaur
And that's pretty much it. With a bit of practice you can do this in under 5 minutes (ok, or less).
With both centaurs dead, a cutscene will follow and you can be happy that you're going to Egypt!